Saturday, June 2, 2012

The entire world in my hometown

A great news: Today we received our first sharing. Here it is:

When I was a child, I had the desire to travel far. I did not really feel rooted in my hometown, Vienna, Austria and felt like homeless. Perhaps this was because my grandparents where not from there and the family had migrated often. 


I had the vision that the world would come to us and this has actually happened in the meantime. Vienna is a multicultural city now, and I like it much because I can meet people from different countries and cultures. It was not necessary for me to travel much. But sometimes now I think of leaving my homecountry for a place where things would be easier for me to manage. But when I really have to decide my family stands out against it, and at the end of the day, I feel at home here and would feel strange in another country. 


I would be willing to take many things with me if I moved, in order to feel at home also abroad. The Internet gives me the opportunity to meet people from all nations, too, and it`s easy to connect over far distances. 


I would have never believed that one day this would be real.... Margarete

No comments:

Post a Comment